Monday, April 28, 2014

Ulta Haul


Hey guys, so I might have have done a little bit of damage at Ulta. It started with going to look at drugstore makeup and then when we got there and saw It Cosmetics and it just got worse from there.

When I was in New York as most of you guys know I went to Sephora. I had my eye on this bronzer but for some reason they didn't have this one in stock so when I went to Ulta and saw it I had to get it. This is the Too Faced Sunny Bunny Natural Bronzer.

One of the main reasons why I wanted to try this bronzer is because it has 2 different colors. So you can either use the lighter color, the darker color or my favorite way to use this product is to swirl the 2 colors together. I can't wait to put this in makeup bag.

Within the blogger community a ton of people rave about It Cosmetics. So when my Ulta finally started carrying the brand I had to go take a little peek and of course I got some things. The first thing I got was the Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Palette.  There are a total of 15 colors and it's around $42.

I'm not going to swatch the palette in this blog post because A. I'm going to do a separate blog post reviewing it once I have started using it and B. It looks way too pretty. I could foresee this palette becoming one of my favorite neutral palettes. One thing that I have never seen in a palette before is a color that can make your eyeshadow shimmery. So I'm really excited about this palette.

The second thing I got was the Your Skin But Better CC Cream in the color  Medium. In total there is 5 different colors which isn't amazing but it could be worse. A plus about this product is that it has a pump to it and I can't stand it when foundations or BB Creams don't have one. For this CC Cream it can either be full coverage or you can sheer it out which is what I like about this.

Maybelline has released some new Elixir lip glosses and I may have picked up 3 of them but if you saw the collection with the lip glosses you would realize what kind of pressure I was under. You can find these glosses at most drugstores.
L - R: Glistening Amber, Charming Coca, Gleaming Gold
My favorite thing about this lip glosses is that they are extremely pigmented and are perfect for layering on top of a lipstick or jumbo crayon. These are great drugstore glosses and they are a little sticky but not to where your hair is sticking to your lips.

A couple weeks ago I did a review on the Colorburst Matte Balms from Revlon and are you surprised to see that I got 2 of the Lacquer Balms. One thing that I forget to mention in my review was that they have a slight mint smell to them.
L - R: Demure, Ingenue
If your like me and were a little scared about these balms there is nothing to worry about. There is no chunky shimmer in these it's a very fine shine to me which is gorgeous on the lips. Of course I got a pinky nude color and a little darker brown nude color.

Maybelline also released a small collection for summer. Like their Blush Sticks which I am a huge fan of they released Bronzer Sticks. There are 2 colors and a matte powder bronzer. The 2 Bronzer Sticks are limited edition.

The color bronzer stick that I got is Glistening Amber which matches the color lip gloss that I got. This is going to be the most gorgeous bronzer in the summer time with a slight sheen or shimmer to it. I have not had a chance  to try this out yet but when I do I will tell you guys what I think about it.

The last thing that I got was the Real Techiques Powder Brush. This brush is a lot  bigger in person then it looks in a picture. It can almost be a little to big for powder. I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post and comment down below any recent purchases you have made and whether you like them or not. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest at LoveLexiTaylor and Instagram at lovelexitaylor.
                       Love, 
                                 Lexi














No comments:

Post a Comment